Saturday, July 24, 2010

NOTD



Hey guys! Just a quick post, but I redid my nails last night and thought I'd share :) Everyone has been doing the whole one glitter nail thing so I thought I'd give it a whirl! I used OPI "Here Today, Aragon Tomorrow" and Sinful Colors "Call You Later" for the glitter nail. It looks black in the pictures but its a dark green. I can't remember what collection this came out with, but the green glitter really stands out against the dark nails. My husband said he thought I should do all my nails with the glitter and I kind of agreed with him. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet but I am always afraid of glitter looking very 12 year oldish so this is kind of a slow transition for me lol. Have you guys tried this little "trend" yet? What did ya think?!

4 comments:

  1. You know what? I feel like why should all the 12 year olds get the sparkles and fun? I'm nearly 40 and I love glitter and sparkles. The only caveats for me are that I will not wear large specks of glitter... only micro-glitter and that I won't wear it around my eyes, because they make me look crazy old. But I say go for it on your nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been talking about your nails a lot!
    I have to ask, I saw your video on youtube about Seche Vete. I've just been using it for maybe 5 times of painting and didn't know what to blame for the peeling!
    Before I would only use OPI's base coat and topcoat. Seche Vete does have the drying and shine benefits but OPI stays on a week easily. It practically stays on until the nail grows out.
    Do you have any other base coat or top coat suggestions that still provide long wear?
    I'm trying Seche Vete with different brands of nail polish. So far it didn't work well with my Nina Ultra Pro neon pink but it's done good with China Glaze... so far.

    -Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura.......I have been talking a lot about my nails, I am trying to stay away from the salon lol. I just bought a new seche vite and it seems they have reformulated it. Its not as thick and hasn't made my polish peel. However, if you don't like seche vite definitely try Out the Door. It is super fast drying and still shiny and I think its about half the price. I have also been using OPI Nail Envy as a base coat which has worked wonderful! I will be doing a review on it asap! Thanks so much for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete