Monday, May 11, 2009

What I use to bleach & dye my hair

This is what I do and it may not work for everyone and I am NOT a professional so PLEASE take that into consideration!!!


Below are the products I use and how I use them............



Born Blonde Maxi is what I use to bleach my hair. There is also a born blonde, but if you want more of the platinum look go for the born blonde maxi OR if you have dark hair as born blonde maxi is designed to lighten even black hair. If you do have dark hair and want to go platinum you will have to bleach more than once. I had heavily hi-lighted hair and still had to bleach it a couple of times. I didn't do it all at once, but over a month's time I lightened it to a platinum blonde. The first time it was blonde but the darker parts were yellow so to achieve the all-over blonde that I wanted I bleached again. I start in the back of my head. I section my hair into 3 parts so that I can access the back easier and start there since that is the darkest part for my people. I then continue around my head and when done applying the bleach I cover my head with a shower cap. The heat from your scalp with help the color develop faster AND it keeps it from dripping and creating a mess!



Now for the pink..........






Bleaching your hair strips it not only of moisture, but of protein as well so in order to get the color to adhere to your hair you have to add protein back in it. For that, I use Neutral Protein Filler which can be found at Sally's. To add the pink color, I use Manic Panic semi-permanent hair dye in Cotton Candy Pink. Because this washes out, I have to repeat the process about once a week therefore, it may not be for everyone. If you want something more permanent you may want to choose a permanent hair dye. I chose semi-permanent to be sure I was going to like having color in my hair and of where I wanted it, so that is a personal choice. I leave the color in for 30 minutes and I usually add heat with my hairdryer for added intensity. Here's a picture with my hair sitting.......(don't mind how bad I look without makeup) lol.




And the final product..........

2 comments: